"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Monday, September 26, 2011

Colorado Here We Are...

Last month my husband and I moved from Oregon where we both grew up, have all our friends and family and moved to the Colorado. Why might you ask did we make such a big move?leaving everyone we love behind us? with just a U-Haul full of our belongings.. Well Aaron decided he wants to go into a nursing program. Oregon only had two programs that offered him what he wanted and one of them costs $40Grand+ and one of them is a lottery to get in. He began to look around the US for some appropriate schools (we needs an accelerated program since he already had his bachelors degree in Chemistry, and we didn't want me add to the mountain that is our student loan debt) and he found a cluster of schools in Colorado. I have only been to the big CO for IYC in high school and I didn't remember much of it except that we went to a water park and it was hot. If you know me at all you know I really dislike being hot, but I was willing to go on this adventure with Aaron.

We knew one person in Colorado, Peter, Aaron's roommate in college. He offered to let us stay with him until we got jobs and a place. So with our U-Haul and cats we made the 1,350 mile drive to our new adventure.My dad helped us make the two day drive passing through 5 states which was such a treat for me. I got to spend the time with him in the car testing out audiobooks and eating snacks. But i also didn't have to drive one second! I was really nervous about crashing!

We got the cats sedatives from the vet a few days before we left and I intended to make them stay in their crates the whole way but after about a hundred miles I knew it wasn't going to happen. I let them out while we were driving and they ended up sleeping behind the TV and on top of all the hang up closed in the way back of the car. We would sometimes see their ears poke above the TV as they looked to see if we were their yet, but other then that, they were passed out. We had the litter box out just in case they needed it but only Minnie used it once.


The trip was smooth and we even got to see a giraffe at one of our gas stops! It was traveling to a wild life safari, I think there was something else in the truck but I couldn't see. The giraffe was just a baby and it was really cute!



We stopped in Utah the first night, ate and then went to bed. I had naps in the car but they guys were tired! We finally made it to Colorado Springs after only one minor car problem (of course it was in Denver, only on hop away from our destination). The traffic in Denver was crazy and it took us 3 1/2 hours to go what should of been 1 hour. There was an amazing thunder and lightening storm with the loudest thunder I have heard up until that point in my life and the lightening was right off the freeway. None of the other motorists seems to be phased by this fact, but from what I heard this is a common thing.



Once we were in the springs it was only a few wrong turns and then we pulled into Peter's house. We ended up unloading the U-Haul that night, since I haven't slept on my own bed in about a week. Once we got the cats settled, ate dinner and then passed out, it was a long journey emotionally and physically.

This is the beginning of what I am hoping will be a significant point in Aaron and my lives and I pray that God will show us his will and lay down the paths he has planned for us out here.

I prayed for a few things while we are here:
1.Aaron will finish a nursing program.
2.We will find a home church that has great worship and a love for Jesus. Continue to grow in my walk with the Lord.
3.We will begin our family (hopefully once we get insurance we can start trying)
4.Find friends to share this new adventure with.
5.I can get into some sort of teaching job, substituting or something!

I am happy to report already that we have found a GREAT church!! and a new group of friends that have been so welcoming to us, it really has made the transition so much easier. God has blessed us so much already.

Stay tuned for more adventures from the Springs...

2 comments:

  1. YEAH! I LOVE THIS! Funny- I was just rereading your first blog (cried) and you said how you love reading my blog to get the DL on life. WELL now I can go to your blog to get the DL on YOUR life! SO DONT STOP BLOGGING! I love you sis. So excited for you to start a new chapter with Aaron. I hope this unifies you!

    Love ya
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Amy has successfully turned us both into bloggers... but be warned.... if you don't blog with regularity you will have TWO people harassing you. :)

    I am so happy to hear about your trip and time in Colorado. I am excited to read what God is doing in your life as you transition into a Coloradite (?!?!)

    Love you Hane!

    ReplyDelete